10 Best Countertop Materials for Kitchen
Has your countertop damaged? Are you searching for a better option now? If your answer is “Yes”, you’re exactly at the right place to find out about the best materials used in kitchens. Just like ceiling fans that are as essential as 4 basic necessities of life, countertops are necessary for kitchens. But we seldom take care of them the way they deserve.
Due to their constant 8 – 10 hours usage, countertops are constantly exposed to heat, water, sharp knife edges, oil stains, and more. There’s no doubt they carry a lot more burden than we could ever imagine.
Coming back to your problem of best counter tops, you can always choose to contact the best company that deals in Calgary granite countertops, such as empirestone.net. However, there’s always the second best way – your own way. In this article, you can discover 10 of the most popular countertop materials and learn why you should have any one of them in your kitchen.
Following information about 10 best countertop materials is surely going to help you in making the right decision for your kitchen.
- Natural Stone Countertops
- Natural stone is durable and lasts longer than any other material. It is a classic material for any kind of kitchen that never gets out dated. One of the best features of this material is, it resists heat.
- They may look like natural stone, but they are not as costly. Solid-surfacing material is moisture and heat-resistant, and does not age or fade with time. You don’t have to work hard to clean this material.
- Laminate Countertops
- This material is manufactured with particleboard or plywood covered with plastic resin. It resists scratches, stains and heat. Best thing about laminate countertops, they are the cheapest material around.
- Cultured-Stone Countertops
- These countertops are also known as quartz-surfacing, because they have pigments and quartz blended to render perfect feel and look of natural stone. Calgary quartz countertops come in a large variety of colors, graining and textures.
- Eco-Friendly Countertops
- These countertops are made of paper composites, bamboo and recycled glass and that’s why they’re eco-friendly. Bamboo countertops are easier to clean; recycled glass material is durable, resists heat and stains; while paper composite is also durable and very easy to clean.
- Wood Countertops
- Prominent wood countertops include Butcher block and crafted wood slabs. They withstand chopping and cutting without damaging knives. Wood countertops are long-lasting and timeless, if protected from moisture, chemicals, heat and stains.
- Metal Countertops
- Metal countertops are available in a variety of metals including copper, zinc pewter, but stainless steel is the most popular material around. Metal is antibacterial, resists stains and heat, and quite durable as well.
- Concrete Countertops
- Concrete is not only durable but quite versatile material that can be sculpted for numerous designs. Concrete countertops are also stain and heat-resistant.
- Tile Countertops
- They are very economical solution for kitchen countertops. Unlike other materials, they’re DIY installable. Glazed ceramic tiles resist moisture, scratch and stains.
- Granite Countertops
- There are plenty of services offering granite countertops in Calgary and can give you fresh and unique ideas for kitchen installations.